Start a new topic

Running ALMotionProxy::angleInterpolationBezier as a subprocess

I am currently trying to run a script as a subprocess in my parent process.  This subprocess uses  ALMotionProxy::angleInterpolationBezier to exectute animations . The subprocess does not work as I expect at all. The animation does not run.

ALMotionProxy::angleInterpolationBezier is a blocking call (from what the documentation verbatum says). I think this is why subprocesses does not execute properly.  This subprocesses runs with another subprocesses in the main script. They need to both run concurrently. Is there some way I get the subprocess which uses ALMotionProxy::angleInterpolationBezier to do what I want? Or are there other options available to me? I just want the be able to run animations and resent the joints back to their normal position afterwards. I would also ideally want to be able to interrupt the animation subprocess using a keyboard interrupt. ANy help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. A simplified example of a type of animation subprocess I would like to run is attached.

py
1 Comment

I would advise you to use the newer qi library. It includes some async functionality you could use to achieve your goal. Regarding cancelling the movements, as far as I am aware its not possible to cancel during the middle of executing a angleInterpolation call something you could try is either splitting your animation into multiple smaller calls and then you could cancel the animation in between these sub calls.
Login or Signup to post a comment