I understand your frustration, unfortunately there is currently no resources in Aldebaran to work on a fix. It is a known issue however and it will be looked into when time and resources allow it.
However, I understand that you have a Pepper available, would it be possible for you to use the real pepper as a workaround for the emulator problem ?
I appreciate your quick response, even though it doesn't quite reduce the initial frustration you adequately diagnosed above.
You are correct with your assessment of the situation, however you will understand that using pepper for development purposes is quite a nuisance and a quick emulation of fresh code is much more viable, particularly since working from home is very much en vogue these days.
I would love for Aldebaran to at least hint towards potential error causes. Since this issue does not affect everybody, I suppose there has to be a feasible workaround that does not involve hacking the pepper SDK.
Has this been resolved yet? I have had the same issue for a while now.
to be fair, I wouldn't be able to tell, but I can't imagine Aldebaran seriously working on this. My workaround eventually consisted of installing a Linux (Mint) partition where the Pepper SDK Emulator works like a charm. In case you're not a Linux guy - some distributions are really easy to handle nowadays and frankly, the hassle with setting up a small partition is negligible in comparison with the time I spent troubleshooting the original issue.
Thank you for your reply! Funnily enough, I decided yesterday to do the same thing after seeing this post https://support.unitedrobotics.group/support/discussions/topics/80000657899. It's working pretty well on my Ubuntu 22.04 with minor bugs. Seems like they aren't really working on it, which is weird since it looks like it's been a problem for so long.