Start a new topic

Access volume control from Kiosk Mode

Hi everyone,

is there a way to allow users to adjust the robots volume, while the robot is in Kiosk Mode? Possibly by using a voice command? 

Thanks in advance - Any help is appreciated! 

Hi Lukas, 

thanks for your reply! This seems to be the method I've been using so far. I used the .adjustStreamVolume with the AudioManager and 

type STREAM_MUSIC and connected it with a Qi bookmark, so users can adjust the volume by voice command. 

This works fine, as long as the robot is NOT in Kiosk Mode. As soon as I switch to Kiosk Mode this feature does no longer work. I assumed this is due to calling the volume from the settings? Is there any way around this? For my application, I do need the robot in Kiosk Mode to prevent users from changing basic settings by mistake or even deleting apps - but at the same time it is vital, that users can adjust the volume to their needs.  

Looking forward to your reply - and thank you in advance!

This question is still not resolved - is there any way to adjust the volume while the robot is in Kiosk mode? TIA! 

Hello Katharina,

the volume of Pepper is controlled via Android with AudioManager and the StreamType STREAM_MUSIC.

You can control this as follows to set the volume to 70%:

AudioManager audioManager = (AudioManager) getSystemService(Context.AUDIO_SERVICE);
int currentVolume = audio.getStreamVolume(AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC);
int maxVolume = audio.getStreamMaxVolume(AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC);
float percent = 0.7f;
int seventyVolume = (int) (maxVolume*percent);
audio.setStreamVolume(AudioManager.STREAM_MUSIC, seventyVolume, 0);

Login or Signup to post a comment